So after months (years?) of reading about spiralizing veggies and a year or more of carefully cutting my zucchinis into tiny slices I finally bought myself a spiralizer! I was totally inspired to by the gorgeous zucchinis I’m growing in my garden.
I’m so pleased I did, I’ve used it so many times already – the taste and texture of just picked courgetti is just amazing! I’m starting to experiment with what I can do with it to make healthy, quick, yummy meals.This is what I came up with for the first two picked from my garden:
Pan fried chicken and courgetti with lardons, garlic, shallots and lime.
- 100-150 grams of chicken breast per person
- 1-2 courgettes / zucchinis (depending where you come from and how big they are!) per person
- 50 grams of lardons (chopped streaky bacon) per person
- Garlic and shallots (eshallots) finely cut – I used 2 cloves of garlic and 2 shallots for 2 people but just adjust to your taste. You can also use onion if you don’t have shallots
- Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper to finish
- Fry your lardons, garlic and shallots in a non stick pan until cooked and just starting to brown
- Remove from the pan and set aside (or push to the side of your pan)
- Add the chicken breasts and cook then remove from pan
- Mix in the courgetti with the lardons, garlic and shallots and squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over it all
- Place a lid over the pan allowing the courgetti to cook until just al dente
- Serve into bowls and top with the chicken – I also added an extra squeeze of lime onto the chicken
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan and black pepper to serve
- Enjoy your delicious low carb dinner!
I’m so glad I used the lime – it really freshened the whole meal making it a fantastic summer dish!